I don't know if I should be surprised by this or not, but you tell me.
So I'm sitting here on Sunday afternoon "blog-hopping" and Isabelle is running around doing what she does best and she comes over to the computer and I could smell you know what, so I asked her "did you go poo poo?" She left and went towards her room, and came back with one diaper in her hand handing it to me. I took it from her and followed her into her room, and watched her reach up on her tippy toes to the changing table for me to change her. Wow...this seriously amazed me, don't ask me why. If she is this aware of diaper changing, should I be trying to attempt toilet training? You tell me...
4 comments:
Amy-
Jackson had a phase like that and my sisters told me to get a little toilet just to encourage it a little more. He is still not toilet trained, but it did get him more interested.
-Camilla
I would just get a little potty and see if she's REALLY ready. They understand about poop and pee before they are really ready to potty train. And, from my only experience (since Russ and Liza aren't trained yet) it is a long, messy process if it is too early. Messy diapers are much better than messy panties!!!!!
Hey Amy-
That is awesome that she is doing that! I am not a fan of the little potty...gag reflex is too much for me on the cleaning bit! But, I did buy Hannah a cute Dora potty seat that sits on top of our potty. She was so excited about it that she instantly wanted to sit on it, "like mama". She didn't go the first couple times, but then she did and we haven't looked back since!!! If she is ready, she is ready! Just don't push her or else she'll push back!!
Hope that helps a bit!
Oh man! I am so jealous. I really am hoping for that to happen soon. Two in diapers just does not sound fun to me!
Post a Comment