Saturday, May 10, 2008

Me Time...

Aaron is half-way done with Nursing School, in Salt Lake slang: halle-freakin'-lujah! He is so excited to have a summer with no clinicals, patient care-plans, study groups, tests, and overall school stress. To kick off the summer, he booked a flight to see his family in Oregon this week. It just so happens to fall on Mothers Day weekend so with his family dying to see adorable Isabelle, it turned into a "mothers 'free' day" for me, or rather a mother-free week! Without my attention towards my husband and toddler, I've had oodles of me-time, it's been great! I have vowed to not use the measuring cups for anything, not crack open the recipe box, never make the bed, only cook things from the freezer, visit a local restaurant I've been wanting to try with a book as my company. The book part has now been completed as I got Stephenie Meyer's new book "The Host" today. I've done a few home projects I'm proud of with my time, a little shopping, teaching of course, attended a students' solo recital, planned a girls movie night which was a blast, slept in, taken extremely long showers at whatever time I want, gotten ahead on some summer scheduling needs for my studio, and I still have 3 more days off of motherhood-what will I do next? That's the best part, I don't know!

"The Host" -Science fiction for those that don't like science fiction. -www.stepheniemeyer.com

7 comments:

Ramsey said...

That sounds like so much fun! I'm jealous of all the free time!! Okay, so tell me... how's The Host? I read the Twilight series because of an email from you and I loved it!! Is this new book just as great?

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you were able to have all that Amy-time! I am super sorry that the girls' road trip didn't fly...someday. I'm also curious how you are liking The Host.

Eric and Katie said...

That is so fun that you got some - I'm sure much needed time off. It sounds like you have had a wonderful time. :) Let me know how you like The Host. :)

Lynette said...

Enjoy your "me" time- it is one of the best gifts huh? My friend is reading "The Host" too...how do you like it? She can't put it down. I loved the photo tour and we hope to see it in person sometime this summer. Happy Mother's Day (late)! Love ya

Evans Fam said...

That sounds like an awesome mother's day weekend! Love looking through your pictures and love the new house!

Amanda and Andy Hansen said...

I'm so jealous you got all that time to yourself. I can't remember the last time I have been alone anywhere or had a night with no kids to put in bed. Live it up!

Shelbi said...

What did you think about this one? I look way to much for me but I'm on the 3rd twilight book and I LOVE them. So just wanted to see what you thought of it in the end?