Sunday, June 21, 2009

Mastering a Bedroom

Aaron and I are excited to have some help transforming our bedroom downstairs to a master bedroom. Our current situation has our room upstairs and this room has been used for Aaron's "study." With his studies in the background now, it will now be used for our room with the arrival of our baby girl coming in the fall!!! We are excited to be creating the only double closet in our home, yipee!!

The wall on the right has to stay in the middle of the room due to a weight-barring (sp?) post at the end of it. We decided to make the most of it and prep it to install a LCD tv we can watch from our bed!
This will be the wall we put our bed/nightstands against. We added about 30" to the width of this wall which will fit our bed/nightstands perfectly! We are so excited to be able to have room to walk around our bed again. We have been crammed inside a small bedroom since we moved here with my side against a wall and Aaron's side against a doorway-alarm clocks have been very far away, we are going to be hitting snooze a lot more often in our new room!
Stay tuned for more pictures as the progress continues this week-sheet rock, mudding, carpet, paint, and hopefully we can move our furniture down here before the baby comes and get her room ready!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Exciting!!! I'm so happy for you guys! Do you think it'll all be done by the time I get back home?

Sarah said...

How fun! I can't wait to see it when it's all finished! p.s. we need to catch up. I miss you!

Lindsey Montague said...

Yay for an end to construction! I totally get the frustration yet anticipation that comes with do-it-yourself projects. Good luck.

ChrisandTamara said...

How exciting! Congrats on Aaron graduation from Nursing School too - that is awesome! Great job!