Thursday, January 28, 2010

2010: New Year, New Stuff!


Yay! We are so excited to be in a new year! Although 2009 was very successful with Aaron's College Graduation and Olivia's healthy birth, and celebrating 8 years together, it's always fun to start a new year and look ahead at what can be accomplished! Here's to 2010!


Aaron is excited to be a full-time RN at the V.A. hospital in February. This hospital is going to be a great fit for Aaron. He did his capstone work there and it's only a few minutes from our house. Aaron might even brave the commute with his bike in the summer! Congratulations to Aaron!



"BEFORE PHOTOS"



Aaron and I are participating in a "biggest loser style" family weight-loss challenge. These are our ever-so-motivating before pictures. (I'll spare you the full body-shots) So far both of us have lost almost 10 pounds and are discovering new things to eat for dinner and to snack on during the day. We are getting our money's worth of our gym membership and we are both excited to continue towards our goals!
Isabelle
I feel guilty not posting about our girls. Isabelle is doing well. She is a new Sunbeam at church, seems to be making a new friend a week, and is working on getting dressed by herself in the morning. She's trying to learn her numbers & letters a little better and she has started to "read" books to Olivia.
Olivia
Sheis our little queen. She is absolutely adorable and is starting to discover that her voice can make other noises besides a cry. She laughs, smiles, coos, grumbles, yells, and make anyone melt. Her hair is starting to lighten a little, but she's still considered the brunette of the family.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not dieting even though I should be but Jake and I love the edamame (hopefully I spelled it right) from Costco in the frozen section. Add some sea salt and they are a great treat.

A family Biggest Loser sounds like fun! Good luck with it.

Leymaster Family said...

Good luck with your new exercise regiment! That is awesome! Your girls are adorable!