Saturday, August 23, 2008

Gazebo Recital 2008

Tonight was my 8th annual Gazebo Recital for my violin students. I had 29 students participate and about 6 or 7 that couldn't come this year. This recital is always so rewarding, but always a lot of work trying to prepare the students between all their summer commitments, camps, vacations, and un-structured schedules. Even with all of their other things though, I felt good about their preparation and it's a fun recital with mostly fiddle tunes and a few Suzuki pieces mixed in here and there. We always have the families bring a big pot-luck dinner and this year I also gave them practice-point-prizes for summer practicing! Now my work schedule goes back to teaching early morning before kids go to school (7am!!), and late afternoons after school. These students work very hard for these recitals and it pays off!! I'm very lucky to have such awesome students and I look forward to this event all year! Bring on 2009!



6 comments:

Jolley's said...

You are amazing. It sounds so exciting. Congratulations!
Much love,
Jolley's

Amanda and Andy Hansen said...

Looks like a good group. I bet they love having you for a teacher!

Fackrell Fam said...

I cannot believe you have that many students! You have a full studio and you are a mom on top of it! YOu are amazing! Make it work for as long as you can because it has helped our family out a lot!

Sarah said...

It sounds like the recital was a huge success!! I'm sorry I wasn't able to help with the prizes.

We must get together SOON!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how many students you have, that's so great, babe. And they're lucky to have such a fabulous teacher, too.

Thackeray's said...

That's a lot of students! Looks fun! Thanks to you I know what I'm doing with my studio. I'll never forget the help you gave me when I started. :)

Leslie