Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fall Fotos & Features

Ok I'm back...with a lengthy blog...



Last week we said bon voyage to some of our best friends -the Dalton Family-(ok mainly me saying good-bye to amazing Annie). Their son James and Isabelle (9 months apart) are the bestest of friends, and Isabelle always shouts for James every time she sees a car resembling their subaru or drives past their own house. She talks about baby Andrew a ton as well-always saying his name like a question-baby Andrew? As if to suggest we should go visit them-and that we will! They moved to Pennsylvania for a great job opportunity for Jess and we are already planning our vacation to visit them as soon as we can-we love you Daltons! Of course I cried like a baby driving away from seeing them for the last time-wahh! I keep having mommy moments that I want to tell Annie about-she's always willing to listen to me with all my crazy questions and complaints-an indication of a real friend!

I did a surprise GNO for Annie to say good-bye, it was such a blast, I even made her blind fold herself as to not give the surprise away-I'm such a nerd!
yes, the arranged marriage is already being discussed...

---------------------------

These are a few of our family pictures we had done in August-they are adorable and Isabelle was a champ through it all. We got some precious shots of our ever-growing toddler. Her cute little bob makes her look so old and so non-baby! I can't believe how big she is, as every Mom says, but it's so true! We are meeting with our photographer again this week to do one more attempt at getting a good family photo with a squirmy, squealy toddler, wish us luck!





Back to Blogging...

I haven't blogged in a few weeks. I guess I know what they mean now when they say a "blogging rut." I've attempted, saved drafts, written-cut & pasted postings, but then never published them the last few weeks. We've been getting into the groove of our new schedules-morning & afternoon violin students, Aaron's school schedule & weekend work hours, and of course Isabelle ever-changing needs.



General Conference was nice & lazy for Isabelle and I. We stayed in our pj's for 2 days straight while Aaron had to work the whole weekend. I was able to TIVO most of conference and get it all in during her naps-what would I do w/o my TIVO?




Looking ahead to October...this week is "Fall Break" for my studio as well as Aaron's classes. Back in May if you've followed my blog I had a week where Aaron took Isabelle to Oregon and I had "me time." I'm returning the favor now and Isabelle and I are going away this week to give Aaron some "man time" without us. Hopefully he can get some much needed R & R he needs to finish out this very hard semester of school. As for Isabelle and I, we are going on an adventure with 7 children, their parents, and a very very packed suburban. We are excited to pay Shamu a visit! We'll be sure to blog when we return (if we survive!!!).



Oh yeah and we can't wait for Halloween-I've already baked 4+ dozen batches of sugar cookies-cut out into pumpkins, cats, and ghosts, pumpkin bars, soups galore...we love Halloween!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Are you going to Sea World? I miss you! Call me when you get back. We need to be seeing more of each other! ALso--the photo shoot was a success. Great photos!

Lindsey Montague said...

Who did the cute pics? Pass on the name! Have so much fun in CA. We did the drive this weekend (north CA) and our boys did fine. We didn't even need to pull out the secretly hidden dvd player! That, to me, is a success.

Have fun!

Leymaster Family said...

love the family photos! isabelle's hair is so dang cute!

Annie Dalton said...

waaah! just read your blog and it made me sad. what an amazing friend you must have. oh, wait, i know her! What an amazing friend you must be! think about you guys lots. miss you even more. give big hugs to izzy-belle from jamesy and baby andrew and me. love you!