Sunday, June 14, 2009

Amy...the full-time working Mom, for this week itleast!

Amy Norton, UT – Amy has been part of the Suzuki Method since age five. She has studied music with Doralee Madsen, Jack Ashton, Chris Takeda, Lynette Stewart, & Gerald Elias. Growing up in a Suzuki home, she was inspired to pursue a BM in Violin Performance from the University Of Utah School Of Music. Amy has SAA Teacher Certification from many amazing teacher trainers. Her string pedagogy has been influenced by Pat D’Ercole, Teri Einfeldt, Judy Bossuat, Linda Fiore, Barbara Barber, Ed Kreitman, Carrie Reuning-Hummel, and many other pioneers of the Suzuki Method. Beginning in 2000, Amy has managed her violin studio of 30+ students. She resides in Salt Lake City with her husband and young family.

Ok I realize this is a little tooting of my own horn but I'm so excited to be a part of the violin faculty for ISSI. Their website is www.intermountainsuzukistringinstitute.com. I get to be amongst some of the greatest Suzuki Method teachers in the country for a week and it always invigorates me for the next year. Every year I attend this institute I am reminded of the unique world of Suzuki that I am a part of. We all share the same goals of Dr. Suzuki's mission to "nurture by love." We all share our teaching ideas like a free flowing faucet of ideas, never holding back or crediting them to ourselves. Each year I make new friends and colleagues and I can't wait for this year! For more information about the Suzuki Association of America, visit www.suzukiassociation.org or visit this inspiring video hot off the press- http://suzukiassociation.org/news/3879/

Go Suzuki!

4 comments:

Evans Fam said...

oh I am so jealous...I want to go to Institute again! Rapid City is just too far to afford the trip right now....have so much fun! I second everything you said!

Lindsey Montague said...

Dang girl! I go out of town for a few days and miss a ton of your posts. What a great time of year for you and your family. It seems like so many fun things are going for you guys! Congrats on everything.

Sarah said...

Go Amy!!!

Leymaster Family said...

I wish we lived there so I could send Ellie to take lessons from you!