Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The final weeks...

I'm 35 weeks pregnant, the countdown is getting smaller and smaller. Life with one child-sweet Isabelle Grace is going so well right now. I couldn't be more grateful for such a great child. Isabelle and I have conversations all day long, she helps me with chores since "Olivia Claire is getting bigger in Mommy's tummy" as she says. Bending over is essentially non-existent, you can expect me to grimace every time I drop something. Sleeping is ok right now, baby likes to kick around for about 30 minutes when I first lie down but I sleep soundly through the night. Isabelle has adjusted well to her new twin bed and will still even take naps in it (YAY!). Having her potty-trained has made life so nice. She's super idependent about remembering to go on her own without reminders from me and she's always excited to share the news of what she left in the potty. :) She can't wait for preschool and asks about it daily. She'll start about the same time I have our baby in September.

I've done some nesting in preparation for our baby. Her room is ready to go, I've bought a handful of newborn diapers, of course not nearly enough. I've washed and folded all of my newborn clothes from Isabelle and and can't wait to have something so little to hold again. I often find myself rocking in the glider chair thinking about the weeks ahead with the many hours that will be spent in that chair with our new little bundle.

Aaron loves his job as an RN at Primary Children's. He successfully passed the NCLEX exam a couple weeks ago and is a huge load of relief for him and I. He has enjoyed not having any studies looming over his head and the ability to have true days off without those studies on the "to-do" list. I am grateful that he has a stable job right now that he enjoys and it is bringing joy to the families he helps in their critical care time of need.

I know this is more of a journal entry, but it is needed for me to remember these precious few weeks when life is harmonious and with balance. As my sister recently mentioned in her facebook status, life is surprisingly stable, dare I say it? Knock on wood!

Let the countdown continue...tick tock tick tock!

5 comments:

Melissa Thatcher said...

yeah! Can't wait to see the cute little thing! Good luck with the birth!

Unknown said...

I'm just 3 weeks behind you! I just wish my twins were potty trained - or do I? Good luck these final weeks!!

Curtis and Deedra said...

How exciting to have a new baby coming soon and to already have your daughter potty trained. It will give you a short little break.

And I didn't know Aaron worked at Primary Children's! My son was born with a heart defect and has had 2 surgeries there already. Dr. Hawkins was his surgeon. We're actually getting ready to have his next and last surgery the end of this year hopefully right after Thanksgiving. Hopefully we'll still be going to Primary Children's and maybe we'll see Aaron there. The nurses there are great!

Brit said...

sounds dreamy, Amy. It's so nice to have those moments where things are running smoothly for a bit and we can just sit down and feel gratitude for our blessings, before the next "stretch" comes. Good luck with the next few weeks. I'm excited to meet Olivia!

Sarah said...

It seems like you always get used to one way of life just before a big change is coming doesn't it? I remember feeling like I had life and marriage and work all figured out in the last few weeks before Lily was born. It's like the calm before the storm, but if anyone can handle anything-it's you!