
Hundres of Suzuki Teachers gathered together this weekend to learn and teach "teamwork" within our Suzuki studios. It was great to be with others like myself who have been impacted by the Suzuki method in their life. Those I learned from have studied directly with Dr. Suzuki in Mastumoto, Japan. So inspiring!!!!
Dr. Shinichi Suzuki, 1898-1998
I had the great pleasure of spending 95% of my 5 day trip in the luxurious Hilton Hotel. Can't beat maid service, fresh linens daily, and music geeks everywhere!
Brittany (middle) was my roommate-an awesomely talented cellist-turned Suzuki Cello teacher. We are ridiculously alike type-A personalities. Spending the weekend with her was like spending the weekend with a friend who understands me on many many levels-oh wait, that's exactly what it was! Becca is an extremely talented, and extremely humble violinist also from Salt Lake. She is the epitomy of Dr. Suzuki's philosophy-Beautiful Tone, Beautiful Heart. Together we took downtown Minneapolis by storm, one purple balloon at a time!
Doing my best impersonation of a mis-placed note within the giant mural of Maurice Ravel's "Gaspard de la Nuit" on the side of an old building in downtown Minneapolis. I owe Terry Durbin $5 for challenging him to "name that piece on the wall". I should've known he knew what it was!!!Until my next Suzuki adventure, Intermountain Suzuki String Institute...a few weeks away! I am honored and excited to be in the faculty again this year teaching Book 1 & 2 Masterclasses.
3 comments:
HAHA You made a bet for $5 with Terry Durbin? NICE. That's awesome Amy. You inspire me. :)
What a cool trip! I know I've told you before but you are AMAZING!
thanks for the shout out, Amy! I was so glad you could come with me! I feel the same way about our friendship-we connect on so many levels and I feel so inspired when I talk to you about all kinds of stuff. Looking forward to ISSI? I'll see you a ton next week for sure!
Post a Comment