Sweet November
November is a month of thanksgiving. Giving thanks should be something I do always, and of course like the rest of us, forget to do so but at this time of year, it becomes more in the forefront of my mind. This November was by far no exception...
1. I'm so very thankful for Aaron. We celebrated our 9th anniversary on the 15th of November. Words cannot express how much I appreciate what he is to me. Marriage is a delicate and living thing. Without nourishment it can be compromised. He has held our marriage together in so many ways. He is everything to me. Without him I am weak. Without him I am less than I can be when I'm with him. He has shown me unconditional love lately and I only hope I return the gesture to the same degree someday. Thank you for sticking by me Aaron. I love you.
2. I am thankful for my children. Healthy kids are such a blessing. My current pregnancy has been such a breeze and having two kids already to keep track of has been so encouraging to keep going at a decent pace. I am so thankful that my health and pregnancy has not effected the time I can devote to my kids.
3. I am thankful for jobs and our house. Looking back to last November, Aaron was unemployed, I had also cut-back dramatically on my work-load, we had a small 3 month-old, I had severe post-partum depression, and the daily routine seemed daunting. This year has proven to me that all things have their season. I'm grateful for our circumstances this year!
4. I am thankful for my friends. I rely heavily on the inspiration of those around me who have positive attitudes and can help lighten the load. Motherhood can feel isolating at times and I'm thankful for friends who are there for me for a 30-minute mid-day chat, a facebook vent, or a funny text message. What would I do w/o technology to keep me connected! I guess I'm grateful for technology!!!
5. I am thankful for my religion. My testimony is the gospel of Jesus Christ has had it's ups and downs. It's recently gone through a unique process to help me see the importance of it in my life. I'm grateful for what it can give me. Peace, forgiveness, comfort, and strength.
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. (haha)
2 comments:
so beautiful. I love how honest and true each of these things are.
xoxo
Post a Comment