Saturday, September 06, 2008

"Less than a year"


Let me just brag about my wonderful husband for a moment. I am so proud of what he has accomplished with school. He started college in 2000 with an eye on the health-care field and that was it. We were dating and he had just moved to Utah and jumped right into school. With school credits from the BYU extension center, Salt Lake Community College, and the U of U-he finished his general education probably 5 years later. Then it was down to "what do I do?" He looked into occupational therapy, radiology, health education, pretty much everything under the bachelor-roof except nursing. After a few semesters in a few different areas, nothing clicked, but then nursing came into play. He knew the options around the Wasatch front were slim-pickings and with his jobs always in the way of any volunteer experience for applying, he knew it would be a far reach. So he took that far reach and applied for the SLCC Nursing program-didn't happen. Then it was onto a program sponsored by his job with IHC-didn't happen. Three times' a charm I guess... I still can remember the day he and I read his acceptance letter to the very competitive Nursing program at the U of U. We have never hugged tighter or yelled louder. It was such a great feeling!!!! Now he's nearing the end of the tunnel, ending with Graduation in 2009 with his Bachelors in Nursing. I am so proud of him for not giving up when many doors were closed along the way. I can't wait for what's in store next year!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, and did I mention that somehow in the middle of all this he became the craziest feather-wearing-warrior-Ute-Fan published in Urban Meyer's "Urban Legend" book? He's the fan that the U "loves to hate!"








3 comments:

Becca said...

Hi Amy, this is your cousin becca.
Anyways, I just wanted to tell Aaron Congrats... Nursing is a hard field. My husband Aaron will be in the class of 2010 graduating from Weber with his Bachlor's degree. It must be a thing in Utah cause 3 times was a charm for him too. There is nothing more frustrating then getting rejection letters. Then that one shows up and there's nothing you can do but celebrate. Congrats again... It is a wonderful field to work in.

Julie said...

It was so great to see you at the family reunion! Your new little home is adorable! I'm glad we're blogging buddies now. Take care,

Julie Morales

Sarah said...

Congrats to Aaron! 2009 will be great!