Sunday, December 07, 2008

I'm sold!

BLACK FRIDAY!!!! Black Friday shoppers are described as the "crazies" the deal-hunters and the overly-anxious-for-the-holidays. My sister Liz and I joined forces with them this year. Here is our story...(cue the law & order duh duh duh)

I haven't had that kind of a rush in a long time! Luckily no-one died or lost their baby like that one walmart I heard about on the news, which is awful! Anyway, the night went as follows. Liz picked me up on that chilly morning at 4:30am. I had my little sister Melissa sleep at my house that night since Aaron worked a graveyard 'til 6:30am. That wasn't going to stop me from becoming "one of them." We left with our ads in hand but one big problem. What were we shopping for and why were we doing it at 4:30am? My sister had the best answer for this: "every morning I wake up do the same thing all year, either go to work or take care of the kids, this is one morning to do something different!!!" And so we drove on the wet roads to the Murray Super Walmart and we were SHOCKED that the parking lot was full. Then we were so confused because there wasn't anyone outside in line. So we went parking in a neighboring store lot and walked inside and then another weird occurance, no one was moving in the store, they were all just standing in the aisles, we were so confused. So we started to make our way to to the back of the store and over the intercom we hear this "ok shoppers!" and everyone went nuts grabbing the items in the aisles they were standing next to. Turns out Walmart was open all night but shoppers couldn't take the black-friday deals until 5am and we got there about 4:50am. So Liz and I panicked as we had no clue where to go (we really didn't have an idea of what we wanted to buy, we just wanted to push and shove and get on tv for it, and maybe buy a few things in the meantime) so we scrambled around and started grabbing things everyone else was, not really paying attention to what they were, it's crazy I tell you. So we spent almost an hour there and then checked out with some goodies and decided to hit target too. so we went to ft. union target and again, parking lot full, but I guess they opened at 6 because as we got there, they were just barely letting the-wrapped-around-the-store-line inside. So we swerved into a parking stall and squeezed in line. After we got in the store I was running to the electronics (to buy what-I don't know) and I got in trouble for running which was one of our goals (hehe) so I snagged an office dvd that was a black friday deal for $13 which I was soooo proud of, and then shopped some other good deals they had, I lost my sister in the crowd but found her later (it was so hard not to have a cell phone!!!!) and we checked out. after checking out I thought my office dvd seemed more $$ that I thought it was supposed to be, so I checked my bag and I actually had picked up the wrong season of the office that WASN'T on sale and was normally $40 so I was pissed!!! So we went back to the return desk and I returned it...I ain't paying $40 for that when I have it on TIVO!! Then after returning it, we saw a channel 2 news camera interviewing someone and we got behind them and were all annoying in the camera and that finished our last goal so we felt like champions. We pushed, shoved, yelled, got yelled at, and got on tv...and shopped while we were at it. WHAT A BLAST! we are totally hooked and doing it next year! Join me if you want, but watch out!

3 comments:

Thackeray's said...

You are a crazy woman!

Fackrell Fam said...

Way to go! I accomplished my goals-but they were different than yours! I got a Baby Alive Doll (it pees, eats food and does stuff that a real baby does; wait, I already have the real thing, why do I need another one?-oh ya, for Sunny!), got a ton of $3 movies at Target and Walmart, a brand new camera for less than $80 and a leather jacket for $19! I felt pretty good about being a part of the madness!

Lindsey Montague said...

You are freakin' hilarious!!